The Lordís Supper
Spiritual Nourishment For Our Souls
Various names of the Lordís Supper:
1. Lordís Supper - given by Paul (I Corinthians 11:20) because it commemorates the
Passover meal Jesus ate with His disciples.
2. Breaking of Bread - Luke used this term (Acts 2:42-26; 20:11; Luke 24:35).
3. Eucharist - because in it we thank GOD for Christís work for us
(I Corinthians 11:24).
4. Communion - Paul employed this term which referred to believersí relationship with the
Lord (vertically) & with fellow believers (horizontally).
5. Lordís Table - Paul referred to it as this in I Corinthians 10:21.
We receive spiritual nourishment for our souls through the Lordís Supper.
 I am the bread of life. Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die.  I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh."
 The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"  So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.  Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.  For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me.
We MUST believe in Jesus as Messiah to receive eternal life.
1. Jesus is the Bread of Life.
2. Their fathers ate food & died.
3. Jesus is the bread that comes down from Heaven.
4. If we will believe in Him, we shall NEVER die.
5. The bread Jesus gives is His body - complete surrender for us!!
6. He gave His body for the world.
We MUST partake of His body & blood.
1. Flesh = Bread.
2. Blood - life force in Him.
3. Eat the bread - indicates a desire for fellowship with Jesus & His disciples.
4. Drink the cup - commitment to the New Covenant.
5. All this is made possible by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
6. Surrender to Jesus guarantees eternal life with Him in Heaven.
We MUST abide in Christ.
When we abide (remain) in Him, we will:
1. Be surrendered to Jesus.
2. Eat His body.
3. Drink His blood.
4. Abide (remain) in Him.
5. He will abide in us.
The Father sent Jesus for us.
If we will surrender our lives, we will live because of Jesusí sacrifice. Jesus was the perfect sacrifice - He is the ďspotless Lamb of GOD.Ē He forgives sins once and for all.
Jesus is the ďfinal sacrifice.Ē
Come to Jesus - forgiveness of sins.
Let the believers hear the command & the invitation to the Lordís Table:
Come to this sacred table, not because you must, but because you may;
Come not to testify to your righteousness,
but that you may sincerely love our Lord Jesus Christ
& desire to be His true disciple; Come not because your goodness gives you
a right to come, but because in your frailty & sin
you stand in need of Heavenís mercy & help;
Come because you love the Lord a little and want to love Him more;
Come because He loved you & gave
Himself for you;
Lift up your hearts, above your cares and fears;
Let this bread & wine be a sign of
GODís grace to you & a pledge of your love to the Lord Christ;
Receive the love of GOD & consecrate
your life afresh to Christian obedience & service, to discover & do the will of GOD in humble faith.
Below you can use the following links to:
1. Print this lesson